Things You Should Know


Hey. My name is Rowan. I'm from this place called Pretoria. It's alright. For those of you who don't know, it's in Africa. Down south. In South Africa. In fact, it's the capital. And no, we don't ride elephants to school. Idiots. I have this thing for literature, music, theatre, film. You catch my drift. I'm highly opinionated about many things, so if I offend you at any time; I'm not sorry. I myself am a lyricist and songwriter, albeit not professionally as yet. I do occasionally try my hand at musical theatre. Occasionally. And this is where I spill my heart and soul.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Lewe.

So life. It's quite an epic thing. It's kinda everything we do, everything we have done, everything we're going to do. So it's vaguely important. But then. Like. Why do people sell out? It's something that irks me. Why do people who know what they love, what they're passionate for, why do those same people with the huge dreams, sell out and become corporate drones? I would never say I'm an anarchist. But for real. I think a lot more people could use some serious hippie vibes when they decide to kill any creativity they may have left. Money is not everything. In fact it's not anything. For the love of money is the root of all evil. Greed, envy, lust. They can all come back to money. A false prophet of happiness and longevity. Like anti-wrinkle cream or gyms. Sometimes I really feel the world would be better off if everyone just lived healthy, self-sustained lives; giving back as much as we take, living in peace with everything. There'd be no more wars. There'd be no more poverty. Cause what are these things but states of mind that the human race has themselves created? You don't find an economy in the natural world. There's no financial crisis, or crime. All the things we are constantly complaining about would cease to exist. There would be no racism, discrimination, anger, poverty, corruption or sadness. We have everything we need right at our fingertips. Tell me, would there be pollution if making a profit wasn't the determining factor of our lives? Would there be widespread disease if we cared a little less about having perfect looking food and a little more about how healthy it keeps us? I don't think so.
It leaves us thinking, can't we all just get along?

No comments:

Post a Comment